For the website www.ofmcap.org
Thank you for your interest in our website www.ofmcap.org. Please find below detailed information on how we use personal data and our guarantee of its security.
Who uses this personal data
2. The owner will do the utmost to guarantee that privacy is respected and to protect personal data provided during the use of the website, and adopts all of the necessary measures established in the general regulations of the EU on the protection of personal data, 2016/679, April 27, 2016.
Data collected is encrypted with SSL certificate
3. It is not necessary to provide any personal data in order to use the website. Information on users of the website is gathered according to the general conditions of hosting (IP address of the hardware, browser data, operating system, and files downloaded and viewed).
4. Personal data comes from the user to which it refers.
5. We gather freely given personal data from users in the following situations:
a/ sign-up form – creating an account is limited to Capuchin Friars in order to receive documents and/or contact information for the friars of the General Curia and according to service carried out within the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. In this case the data collection is legally justified inasmuch as it serves to inform the statutory activity of the owner and for remaining in contact with the same (according to the norm of art. 6, n. 1, lett. f of the GDPR).
b/ the contact form – this serves for the sending of messages to a specific member of the General Curia and the institutions connected to the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. In this case the objective is information regarding the statutory activity of the owner and to remain in contact with the same (according to the norm of art. 6, n. 1, lett. f of the GDPR).
c/ newsletter – in order to receive the Bulletin of International Capuchin Information (BICI) and official news from the General Curia OFMCap. it is necessary to provide an email address – this is a legitimate request by the owner (according to the norm of art. 6, n. 1, lett. f of the GDPR).
6. We have installed SSL certification on the site in order to make encrypted data secure from the moment the form is filled in.
7. Beyond the owner, those who receive personal data can be:
a/ IT service providers
b/ qualified legal authorities, such as courts and public administration
How data is treated
8. Personal data is kept until the user that has granted it revokes consent or through other actions according to the rights of GDPR 2016/6679 on April 27, 2016. To this end, the user must send an email to [email protected] or, in the case of the newsletter, click on the link at the bottom of the bulletin page.
9. The user of the website always retains the right to present a grievance to the authorities for the protection of personal data, Piazza di Monte Citorio, 121, IT-00186, in Rome. Email: [email protected], https://www.garanteprivacy.it who will decide if the use of personal data provided violates the law.
With whom we work and the profiling of users
11. To ensure that the data generated by cookies relative to the use of the website (including IP address( are not kept nor used by Google, the user of the website can download and install the plugin found at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
13. The data of the user of the website will not be subject to profiling, transmitted outside the European economic area, nor made available to other international organizations.
15. The preservation of information as well as access to the same does not make any change to the configuration of the user’s equipment nor the operating system therein installed.
16. Most browsers offer the user of the website the possibility of blocking the acceptance – automatic management – of cookies. However, such a block can have as an effect the limitation of the functionality of the website or cause it to function incorrectly.